Sunday, August 24, 2014

Thinking Outside the Pocket!

Yesterday I shared some easy-peasy cards using one of Close to My Heart's Picture My Life kits. While these amazing kits are designed for the the pocket scrapbooking method of preserving your memories faster, simpler and easier, there are so many more possibilities in these cute little cards.

To see yesterday's post with more detail about the PML cards, click HERE.

Today I am sharing how I used a couple of the Balloon Ride PML cards on a traditional scrapbook page. I will admit, as simple as this concept looks, it took me a while to figure it out. I knew I could use the cards as a design element on my page, so found the cards I wanted, trimmed them just a bit and moved them all over the page to find the perfect spot. Much to my dismay, it wasn't coming together as well as I wished, and then the light bulb above my head went on! I quite trying to work with the rectangular shape of the card and cut out the part of the card I wanted to use. The beautiful sentiments on the PML cards were just perfect for my travel layout!



Did you happen to notice the paper on this layout is paper we retired long ago? Yes, I'm a little behind in completing these pages from our Mediterranean Cruise with CTMH, but I was thrilled that I could VERY easily find not only current, but BRAND NEW products that coordinate beautifully with the Perfect Day papers from many moons ago!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for some more "outside the pocket" ideas for using Picture My Life! And if you haven't already, be sure to order your favorite Picture My Life kits during August to take advantage of our great special!



No comments:

Post a Comment