Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Memories of the Mediterranean!

Yesterday, I referred to our recent Team Retreat in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Today I thought I'd share some of what I worked on while I was there!

As many of you know, Mike and I were so fortunate to cruise the Mediterranean with Close To My Heart in October 2008. It truly was the trip of a lifetime and not a week goes by that we don't talk about the fun times we had and the amazing the places we visited on this trip.

A year later, I have finally started getting the pictures onto pages and into an album! today, I'm sharing a couple of my favorites with you.

This first layout uses the Perfect Day papers - such great colors to compliment the sites of the beautiful Mediterranean and specifically Park Guell in Barcelona. a little Cocoa ribbon is attached to the right-hand page with Antique Copper Photo Hangers. The Park Guell title is created with Close to My Heart's Color-Ready Alphabets. I LOVE these white alphabet stickers - leave white, sponge with your favorite ink color or stamp a fun pattern on them - the possibilities are endless!



Close to My Heart's Vintage Travel Paper Packet is perfect for any destination and worked well with my pictures from our day in Rome! The bright blue sky of the beautiful day lead me to accent with Dutch Blue cardstock and inks. Once again, I used the Color-Ready Alphabets for the title.




The biggest challenge I've come across thus far in creating my Mediterranean Cruise album is fitting all of my favorite pictures on one page. Many of the places will certainly call for TWO 2-page layouts and we have a ton of photos. We had many great pictures from our walk through The Forum, but not quite enough for two layouts, so I was glad to come up with this design to fit 8 decent sized photos on the 2 pages.
Once again, I used the Vintage Travel papers and the Color-Ready Alphabets.





On a quick side note...if you LOVE the Vintage Travel papers, don't wait! Head on over to my website and order it today. It is on the retired list and is available only while supplies last or through December 31st (whichever comes first).
Watch for more cruise layouts to be shared and I complete more of my album!

No comments:

Post a Comment