Friday, July 24, 2009

Hit the Beach with Moon Doggie!

Yesterday the kids and I spent a couple fun hours at the beach. I enjoyed visiting with a friend while the kids seemed to be trying to get sand on every square inch of their bodies! We have sand EVERYWHERE! Okay, so I'm not the biggest fan of the beach, or maybe just not a fan of the sand! Either way, I think our trip was inspired by one of CTMH's hottest new paper packets - Moon Doggie!

At my workshops all month, we've been playing with the Moon Doggie papers, and I think you all are enjoying them as much as I am. I've already shared the fun layout we created at the Kit of the Month Scrapbook nights. Here are the cards we created at the Moon Doggie Card Night. All of these cards are made from concepts found in the new Wishes how-to book by Close to My Heart CEO and Founder, Jeanette Lynton.
This 6x6 is my favorite! I just love the crochet ribbon from the Colonial White Ribbon Rounds.
A quick and easy 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. The hibiscus is stamped using the 2nd Generation and Rock & Roll techniques - a great way to add the look of dimension to your stamped image.
This is a fun card that started out as a 4 1/2" square card - until I realized I didn't have envelopes that size. I did, however, have 5 1/2" square envelopes, so I improvised. I adhered the entire card onto a piece of 5 1/2" square Desert Sand Textured Cardstock (lightly sand the textured cardstock first for a fun, distressed look).

No comments:

Post a Comment