Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cricut Artiste Diaper Card

Okay...I have a confession to make...I am just now discovering all of the amazing creative treasures our Cricut Artiste cartridge holds!!

My daughter's 3rd grade teacher is expecting a sweet baby girl right around Christmas time, so after a few weeks of planning, we had a surprise baby shower for her today! The parents pitched in an we bought her a Target gift card. I needed to make a card for her and wanted it to be a little special...Artiste to the rescue!

This adorable diaper card is cut from the Cricut Artiste cartridge and was really, super easy to make using the Baby themed key!

I cut two of the diaper bases, one in Blush cardstock and one in my patterned paper, at the largest setting I could (I believe it was 5 1/2"). I adhered them together and added a little Hollyhock ink to the edges.

Without changing the size setting, I cut the scalloped oval insert in Blush and a second one in Holly hock, just 1/2" smaller. This insert was the perfect fit for the gift card.

The "It's a Girl" was also cut using the same themed key as the card itself.


Recognize that cute paper? It's one of my favorite "oldies, but goodies"...Sophia! We used Sophia as our color inspiration for the shower. When I get pictures I will share the adorable pennant banner this kids helped me make (thankfully, we have a mom in our class who takes amazing pictures and captures all those details, as I realized I never took a picture of the banner before I took it in today)!

Many thanks to Mary Thompson and Rachel Loesch at www.cricutwithheart.blogspot.com for the inspiration. You can see their adorable diaper card HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment