Thursday, September 1, 2011

Extravaganza Artwork: First up...Typeset

As many of you know, I was fortunate enough to be selected to teach at this year's Close To My Heart convention! Extravaganza is an event like no other, and truly a highlight of each and every Convention I have attended. I am honored each time to am selected to teach, and while it is a lot of work and a lot of pressure, it is always a lot of fun!

This year, my Extravaganza class was titled "A Splash of Color" and my product focus was one of my very favorites - our Dimensional Elements chipboard die cuts. My job was to demonstrate all the wonderfully creative ways to turn the fabulous white chipboard elements into works of art. Can I tell you, the sky's the limit with these things! Just about any way you would embellish a flat piece of cardstock you could embellish at Dimensional Element die cut and really make your artwork stand out!

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing the artwork I created for my class (using all NEW products) and some of the fun techniques I highlighted in my artwork!

Today, I'll share my favorite of the three kits I received in advance of the new Idea Book release...Typeset! I just love the color combination of Vineyard Berry, Juniper, Creme Brulee and Black with a little Desert Sand and/or Bamboo. Check out this gorgeous artwork featured in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book.
Now on to some Extravaganza creations...

This 12x12 scrapbook page features our new 10-Things Pocket - what a great way to document a list (10 Things I Love About You, 10 Things I Can't Live Without, 10 Things I Do Everyday, and so many more possibilities!). I decided to document my son's 10 favorite things at 10 years old. He made his list which included his favorite color, books, sports, food, place, and more. I let him do the writing on the tags as I knew it would be fun for him to look back at not only his favorites, but his own writing when he is older!
The TEN is created with our new Dimensional Elements Monogram sets - I just LOVE the big letters in these sets. I inked them with Juniper ink and then random stamped small words in black to coordinate with the Typeset look. The word "AT" is done with our new Color Ready Cork Alphabet. These cork letters are perfect the way they come, or can be inked like I did here! Finally, the "top 10" uses more of the monogram sets and the new Dimensional Elements Numbers!

This simple tag us made using the new Dimensional Elements Tags simply covered in B&T paper from the Typeset pack. I also used my very favorite of the Dimensional Elements line, the Irresistibles Ecelectic Alphabet. Simply add ink to the letters and the resist design just pops!
This little gift card is just my style...simple, simple, simple!
The scalloped circle is from the Dimensional Elements Mixed Shapes set (which also coordinate fabulously with the new Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge). I simply inked the scalloped dimensional element and added the fun sentiment piece from our new Typeset Compliments Canvas Shapes. I LOVE these compliments! The little canvas star circles are also popped up on chipboard circles from the On Target set.

I love how the Dimensional Element Tag was easily turned into a pocket watch for this card. The pocket watch itself was stamped with images from the Key Moments stamp set.

Need a super quick and easy gift card? This little one uses two pieces from the Dimensional Elements Banners set. I put two of the banners end to end and covered them with one piece of B&T. Stamp a simple sentiment on the banner, add a little ribbon underneath and you have it - a quick and easy gift enclosure card!

This next card features the Remarkable Wreath stamp set and the Dimensional Elements Monograms. Once again, the Dimensional Element transforms when covers with the beautiful B&T papers from the Typeset kit.
Finally, this fun 6x6 card features our Typeset Compliments Canvas Shapes layered perfectly over the Dimensional Elements Stars!
The more I played and created with all of the new goodies, the more I appreciated the coordination Close to My Heart has presented among our products...Dimensional Element shapes coordinate with so many stamp sets and accessories and of course the amazing new Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge!

I hope you've enjoyed these peeks at the gorgeous Typeset kit! Typeset will be the focus of my workshops in December. Check out my Workshops/Events tab above for all of my workshop dates and make plans to join us for a fun evening of creating!

1 comment: