Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Zippidee is Something Splendid

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm not much of an outside the box thinker! I tend to look at a paper packet and see the featured colors and how they work well together. Thus, it has been my personal challenge lately to try to step outside the box a little more and see the many, many possibilities for our amazing kits!

This is one of the cards we created last night at my Zippidee Card Night. Yes, that's right, the Zippidee papers that are so fun and so "Disney-esque" can have so many looks. We used the Honey and Black cardstocks and the Bamboo B&T paper found in the Level 2 paper packet.

At first glance, I wouldn't have thought to pair Zippidee papers with our GORGEOUS August Stamp of the Month set, Something Splendid, but when I found a similar card on super crafty consultant Karen Pedersen's blog, I had a feeling it would work!

The large flower is stamped "tone-on-tone" on the Honey card base and the Bamboo B&T is matted onto the scalloped black cardstock (TIP: Did you know you can use the nifty Corner Rounder from CTMH to make a pretty scalloped border?). A little ribbon and a small flower stamped on a 1" circle of the Bamboo B&T and you have a super simple card!

My card ladies LOVED this one and I can't wait to reproduce it in many colors and kits!

I will be sharing more gorgeous cards using the Something Splendid set over the next few days, but don't wait...head over to my website and get your set today! It is only available through August 31st. The stamp of the month is $22.95, but you can earn it at a great discount or even free with the rest of your order.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm honored my card inspired you! Gorgeous job. Love what you did with the Zippidee colors!

    ReplyDelete