Monday, July 19, 2010

Picture This! Convention 2010

Picture This! Over 1,000 Close to My Heart consultants converged on the gorgeous Gaylord National in National Harbor, MD - just outside Washington DC. We laughed with friends old and new. We cheered (and yes, occasionally even squealed) over the announcement of new products and programs. We even cried at hearing the story of one man whose life was changed forever by the good work of Operation Smile. Over the course of 4 days, we were entertained by our incredible corporate staff, inspired by amazing artwork, and motivated by the successes of fellow consultants. Convention 2010 was an event none of us will soon forget!

The "main event" so to speak, of Convention is the unveiling of the Autumn/Winter 2010 Idea Book! On Thursday morning, we headed to the beautiful Potomac Ballroom where we eagerly found our seats, danced to the music and awaited the BIG announcements! An energy filled the air like nothing I've ever experience - this is like Christmas morning for a CTMH Consultant!
Our corporate staff always does their best (without fail) to entertain us and this year was no excpetion. They used spoofs of some of our favorite TV shows to introduce new products and programs. We were treated to spoofs of The Brady Bunch ("The Gathering Bunch"), The Apprentice, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and the Sham-Wow infomercial; but I think everyone's favorite was our very own Beyonce and The Scrappin' Ladies! Click here to watch a You Tube video of these fun women in action!

The rest of Convention was just as fun and entertaining with unforgettable performances from pianist Jon Schmidt and comedienne Anita Renfroe and of course, more products and programs!

So, I am home now and still glowing from the excitement in DC! I have so much to share with all of you, but alas, the Autumn/Winter Idea Book goes live on September 1st! Mark your calendars for my Annual Idea Book Sneak Peek and Open House on Thursday, August 26th - more details to follow!

But I DID want to share just a snippet of new goodies with you! As many of you already know, I was honored to be selected, along with 31 other amazingly talented consultants, to teach a class at Convention. I was treated to a box of new goodies back in May and got to work creating 6 display boards for my class! Here are two of those display boards...

This first one features the adorable new Hooligans My Reflections kit. I am absolutely CRAZY over this kit and know you will love it too! If you like the layout shown on this board be sure to watch my upcoming workshop announcements as we will complete this layout in one of my monthly workshops!
Isn't this kit gorgeous? It is the new Olivia My Reflections kit - absolutely gorgeous Fall colors, but VERY versatile at the same time. Wait until you see what else I was able to do with this kit!

You might have noticed a few new colors in these two boards, and if you did your eyes did not deceive you! Our Summer color palette has been revamped and we are introducing 8 beautiful new colors in September! Stay tuned for more info.

There is so much more to share, so keep an eye out for more announcements right here on my blog! And of course, you won't want to miss the Sneak Peek on August 26th - come join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment