Friday, September 28, 2012

Flirty Little Monograms!

I just returned from an event I look forward to each year...our annual team retreat! For the past 8 years we have spent 4 or 5 glorious days in South Lake Tahoe scrapping the days (and nights) away, learning new tips and techniques from fellow consultants, and sharing LOTS of laughs! This year we had a slight change of plans, and as much as we LOVE Tahoe, we all agree Big Bear was much easier for us Southern California girls! When I got home I asked myself how it was possible to be totally refreshed and re-energized, yet completely exhausted at the same time - I guess crafty time with friends will do that to you!

As part of the retreat, I was asked to teach a make-n-take (always so stressful as I wonder how I could possibly share anything NEW with the amazingly creative ladies who join us), AND we give little gifts to each attendee. This year I decided to combine the two and make them coordinate.

I found this fun little card on Pinterest (my newest addiction) and CTMH-ified it with some Flirty paper for my create-n-take!
Have you checked out our new Monograms? They are sold by the letter at just $2.95 each! I LOVE them and was so thrilled when my Director, Sue Laufer decided to gift one to each attendee! The banners and rosette were cut using the new Cricut Artiste Cartridge and a little Shimmer Trim gave the card just the right touch of bling!

After teaching my create-n-take, I presented each attendee with their giftie...this fun little box and set of three 3"x3" cards. They had already stamped a few extra monograms while we did the card, so they simply added their own monogram. 
The box was cut with the Cricut Artiste cartridge. The frames were cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and stamped with the Perfect Fit-Frames stamp set (I still LOVE that our stamps coordinate so perfectly with the Cricut images!). 

I have so much more to share from the retreat, so check back soon...workshops, scrapbook pages, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment