Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Smiles All Around

Most of you know that for the past several years Close to My Heart has partnered with an amazing organization called Operation Smile. If you've ever bought raffle tickets at my Open Houses, rounded up your order to the next even dollar amount or simply purchased a My Acrylix stamp set, you have helped make a difference in the life of a child!

Operation Smile is an international children's charity that provides life changing surgeries for children born with cleft palettes and other facial deformities. For as little as $240 and 45 minutes per surgery, Operation Smile has literally brought smiles to the faces of over 200,000 children around the world. 

Close to My Heart is a proud supporter of Operation Smile, and as consultants we work all year to gather donations for this wonderful organization - and we don't take a break during Convention either!

A few months ago, I was again once asked to create artwork to donate to a Silent Auction benefiting Operation Smile held at our annual convention in Dallas, TX. It is always such an honor to among the handful of consultants invited to donate, so of course, I accepted the challenge. After much deliberation on what to create, I decided to make my first pennant banner.

I selected the My Creations Mini Banner and since I couldn't decide between a pretty feminine banner or a more masculine banner, I chose to make this one reversible! Yep, that's right! It's two banners in one!


The reverse side features the fun camo paper from the Victory set, more Dimensional Elements Monograms along with Stars, Durables Round Studs, and Tan Hemp.

Of course the cutting was a breeze with the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge which has the coordinating cuts for all of our banner shapes!

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who bid on this banner. I never saw the winning bid, but I believe it made over $70 for Operation Smile. Our Silent Auction in total raised of $4400 and when added to consultant donations throughout Convention and an amazing live auction at the close of our three days, we raised almost $17,000 in just three days to bring smiles to the faces of 70 children who desperately deserve to smile and laugh like our very own children! I couldn't be more proud to be apart of Close to My Heart, an company who truly cares and knows how to give back!



No comments:

Post a Comment