Monday, October 18, 2010

One Concept...Two Looks!

Those of you who know me well, know I LOVE simplicity! Whether it be a simple card or a simple scrapbook page, I value the beauty of simplicity (of course, if you know me REALLY well, you might be wondering why that only applies to the crafty side of me and not the organizational side of me. Well...me too!!!)!

One thing I love to do to simplify my creating is to take one design concept, be it a card concept from Jeanette Lynton's Originals or Wishes books or a scrapbook layout design from one of our other amazing how-to books, and create it using different papers and embellishments!

I recently did this with my kids' school and class portraits from the last school year. I always like to keep these pages simple with just the 5"x7" portrait and the class photo (which, by the time I trim the somewhat obnoxious border the photographer adds on I am left with another 5"x7" photo). For these two layouts I used the "Charmed" concept from the new Magic Interactive Scrapbook Program (if you don't have Magic yet, you need to get it)!

For Joey's page, I opted for the cool and trendy You Rock papers and My Stickease! I created the fun tye-dye technique on the "3" Dimensional Element with sponge daubers and ink - so simple!
For Jenna's page I chose the Emporium papers to match her outfit (why, of course!). I added some fun elements from our rub-on collections and a Dimensional Element "K" inked to match the papers.
Ironically, as I was typing up this post, my daughter brought me THIS year's school pictures, so I guess I have another adventure in One Concept...Two Looks ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment