Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jingle All Year Long...and Blog Candy!!

From the moment I saw it, I just adored Jingle, the Christmas-themed My Reflections kit Close to My Heart introduced in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book! Fun colors, whimsical designs...just my style...and perfect for all our Christmas memories! However, one of my very favorite features of CTMH's My Reflections kits, and this one in particular, is that while having a hint of a theme in its designs, it can be used for so much more than Christmas.

As many of you know, each Fall I get the opportunity to travel to beautiful Lake Tahoe for a few days of scrapping with other CTMH consultants (who are all pretty cool chicks, too!). We catch up on each others' lives, we laugh (A LOT), we eat (probably too much), we CREATE (some more than others), and somewhere in there we sleep (a little - VERY little)! It is always one of the highlights of my year.

Each year, our fearless leader, Sue, chooses a theme based on one of the new kits featured in the idea book and plans several amazing create and takes for us to complete during the course of the retreat, one of which is always a layout for our retreat pictures. With a little nudging from Sue (Thanks Sue! I needed that nudging), I finally got my Tahoe layout complete and wanted to share it with you.
Last years' theme was "Jingle All the Way to Tahoe" Yes, we created several fun holiday themed projects, but I love how Sue was able to use the exact same kit to create layout with no holiday-feel to it at all! And yes, before you ask, we DO bring shirts to match our theme for the day we take group photos! :-)

So I encourage YOU, next time you look at a kit and see a theme, look again and see what you might be able to do that isn't so theme-oriented. Leave me a comment and let me know how you've used one of our kits for something completely different than the original theme and you'll be entered into a drawing for a little goody from me! Drawing will take place on Tuesday, March 16th, so leave your comment today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth,
    First of all thanks for your kind comments about Tahoe & this year's layout. You're the best. Is it Fall yet?!? I'm ready for another retreat.

    As you know, I love finding ways to use our awesome papers apart from their "original" theme. I recently used Grace for a layout with my son & hubby.

    ReplyDelete